Are you looking for a replacement for your AG13 battery? You’ve come to the right place! As a battery geek, I understand the frustration of searching for a suitable alternative, especially when the original is unavailable.
In this comprehensive article, we’ll explore the world of AG13 battery equivalents, ensuring you have all the information you need to find the perfect substitute for your device.
Understanding the AG13 Battery
First, let’s get to know the AG13 battery a little better. The AG13 is a small, button cell battery, also known as a coin cell, commonly used in various devices such as watches, calculators, small electronic toys, and some medical devices. It has a diameter of 11.6mm, a height of 5.4mm, and a nominal voltage of 1.5V. Its capacity usually ranges between 110 and 150mAh, depending on the manufacturer and the specific chemistry of the battery.
AG13 batteries are typically alkaline or silver oxide in composition, with the former being the more common option due to its lower cost. It’s worth noting that silver oxide batteries, while more expensive, offer a more stable voltage output and a longer lifespan.
Now that we have a better understanding of the AG13 battery let’s dive into the world of its equivalents.
The AG13 Equivalents
When searching for an AG13 battery replacement, it’s important to remember that several other batteries share similar characteristics and can be used interchangeably. Here’s a list of the most common AG13 battery equivalents:
- LR44: The LR44 is an alkaline button cell battery with the same dimensions and voltage as the AG13. It is perhaps the most popular alternative and is widely available. The LR44 can be found in devices such as laser pointers, watches, and small electronic toys.
- SR44 (SR44SW and SR44W): The SR44 is a silver oxide battery with the same dimensions as the AG13. As mentioned, it offers a more stable voltage output and a longer lifespan than alkaline batteries. The SR44SW (low-drain) and SR44W (high-drain) versions are suitable for different device requirements, with the former being ideal for devices that require a steady, low-power output and the latter for devices that require short bursts of high power.
- A76: The A76 is another alkaline button cell battery equivalent to the AG13. It shares the same dimensions and voltage, making it a suitable alternative.
- G13: The G13 is another name for the AG13 battery and is used interchangeably. It is an alkaline button cell battery with the same specifications.
- 357: The 357 is a silver oxide battery with the same dimensions as the AG13. It can be used as a direct replacement and offers the same benefits as the SR44.
- 303: The 303 battery is another silver oxide equivalent of the AG13, with identical dimensions and voltage. It is suitable for use in devices that require a stable voltage output and a long lifespan.
AG13 Battery Alternative Table and Specs
|LR44||1.5V||11.6 x 5.4mm||Alkaline||110-150mAh||11.6mm|
|SR44 (SR44SW and SR44W)||1.5V||11.6 x 5.4mm||Silver Oxide||150-200mAh||11.6mm|
|A76||1.5V||11.6 x 5.4mm||Alkaline||110-150mAh||11.6mm|
|G13||1.5V||11.6 x 5.4mm||Alkaline||110-150mAh||11.6mm|
|357||1.5V||11.6 x 5.4mm||Silver Oxide||150-200mAh||11.6mm|
|303||1.5V||11.6 x 5.4mm||Silver Oxide||150-200mAh||11.6mm|
AG13 Battery FAQs
Is an AG13 battery the same as LR44?
Yes, an AG13 battery is the same as an LR44 battery. They both have the same dimensions, 11.6mm in diameter and 5.4mm in height, and a nominal voltage of 1.5V. They are interchangeable and can be used in devices that require either AG13 or LR44 batteries.
What battery can replace AG13?
Several batteries can replace AG13, including LR44, SR44 (SR44SW and SR44W), A76, G13, 357, and 303. These batteries have the same dimensions and voltage as AG13 and can be used as direct replacements.
What is an AG13 battery?
An AG13 battery is a small, button cell (coin cell) battery commonly used in devices such as watches, calculators, small electronic toys, and some medical devices. It has a diameter of 11.6mm, a height of 5.4mm, and a nominal voltage of 1.5V. AG13 batteries are typically alkaline or silver oxide in composition.
What is the Duracell equivalent of AG13?
The Duracell equivalent of AG13 is the Duracell 357/303 battery. This battery is a silver oxide button cell with the same dimensions and voltage as the AG13. It can be used as a direct replacement for devices that require AG13 batteries.
Can LR44 replace AG13? Yes, LR44 can replace AG13.
They have the same dimensions and voltage, making them interchangeable in devices requiring an AG13 or an LR44 battery.
Is Duracell 357 the same as LR44?
The Duracell 357 is not the same as LR44 in terms of their chemical composition. The Duracell 357 is a silver oxide battery, while the LR44 is an alkaline battery. However, both batteries share the same dimensions and voltage, making them interchangeable in devices that require a 357 or LR44 battery. It’s important to note that silver oxide batteries, like the Duracell 357, generally offer a more stable voltage output and a longer lifespan compared to alkaline batteries like the LR44.